Positivity doesn’t have to be something that’s hard to obtain. I believe it’s easy to be crushed by the pressures and stress society and the people around us push on us. Because of this, it may be easy only to look on the dark side of things and the demand only increases as the years pass.
But why does it have to be like this? I want to enjoy life, be happy-go-lucky and literally explode with euphoria. However, I fight with the temptation to drown in negativity, I’m struggling with the weight of the world on my shoulders, and tomorrow looks bleak, empty, and melancholic.
No, I can’t drown, nor should I just concede to the stress of negativity. That would be death. Because that’s not really living. Being positive isn’t hard, it may seem like it, but it’s not. But how to do it?
How to be positive (in no particular order)
- Enjoy life’s little pleasures (ex: the warmth of the sun, waking up in the morning, flowers blooming near the sidewalk)
- It could ALWAYS be worse
- Comedy/Humor (exploit it!)
- Music (listen to your favorite song/artists or listen to something completely nonsensical)
- Indulge in your favorite hobby
- Eat your favorite food
- Talk to someone you are close with
- Create something/Be hands-on
- Play with a pet (dog/puppy, cat/kitten, ferret, pig, etc.)
- Don’t stick to negative thoughts no matter how tempting. Nothing comes from it.
- Write or type it out (Like how I’m doing!)
- Remind yourself that you are NEVER alone in this (I mean come on, there are 7 BILLION people on this planet. Chances are someone else is going through something similar or the same as you!)
- Pray (even if you aren’t that religious, but I’m not forcing you)